FREE US shipping on orders over $50
Winter is in full-swing, and there is no better time to clean and weather-proof your shoes. Different types of material require different types of care, so here are a few quick tips on how to keep your shoes looking their best.
- Remove dirt by wiping shoes gently with a dry cloth.
- Dampen cloth with warm water and wipe again.
- Allow shoes to dry naturally, away from direct sunlight and direct heat sources (like heat vents) that can dry out leather.
- To clean, apply a cream polish (that matches the color of your shoe color).
- To water-proof, use a leather lotion or oil.
:: Patent Leather
- Use a soft damp cloth and a drop of mild soap to remove any haze.
- Apply a patent leather cleaner that contains silicone to return the high gloss.
- Use a rubber eraser to remove dirt and smudges.
- Brush lightly in one direction with a soft brush (some use a toothbrush). If you brush in different directions, some suedes will give the appearance of being two different colors.
- Follow up with a silicone spray for water and stain resistance.
- Test all cleaning and water-proofing products on a small section of the shoe to make sure they don't alter the color of the shoe.
- Don't ever use water-proofing products on patent leather, sequins, or hair (like pony hair) as they will ruin the shoes.
- Always cover embellishments with saran wrap or masking tape before using cleaning and water-proofing products.
Do you have any amazing shoe care tips? Leave your suggestions in the comments below.
Leave a comment